Monday 2 July 2012

Inspired by....

Do you wonder how you sometimes got to somebody's blog, I do and I'm so glad I did.

This next project was inspired by Anna Dabrowska "Finnabair" she does some absolutely brilliant projects. I watched her video and had so many idea's while doing so.

I find adding embellishment's hard sometimes, I place them on I take them off, the way Anna applies them with such ease makes me think I'm thinking too hard about it. Hope that makes sense...

I started with 2 Manilla No 8 Tags and cut 1 in half. I decided to use the top half of the second tag to hang from the bottom of the first tag.. I'll show you what I mean..

The paper I have used is Paper Artsy's Thorndon Hall. Good quality thick double sided paper (In the sale section) you need 3 layers, all slightly smaller than the first.

Distress the edges with a Tim Holtz paper distresser.


Then get out your trinket box find an assortment of treasure and start to place them on your tags.

I've used a Route 52 Steampunk Butterfly, Tim Holtz Alpha Cards held into place with a Memo Pin.

A bottle from the corked vials which I painted with Paper Artsy paint and used a small script stamp from TH CMS087 Shabby French.


 I made flowers using my Tattered Flower Garland die (we hope to get them back in stock soon) and Crunchy wax paper. The leaves underneath are TH Foliage and some paper flowers that I have had forever.


 This big Flower is a Prima Vintage Trinket also in the sale section.


This is the tag held together with a hinge out of a mini fittings kit from Route 52.
There is also a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Key hole and key hanging from the bottom of the tag.



All the pieces I glued using Matt Multi Medium it has held everything in place even the glass bottle.

When it had all dried I sprayed it with Grape Fizz and Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearl Mist. By spraying over all the tag it helps bring all the colours together.


I have really enjoyed making this tag so I will leave you will a picture of a rose that despite all the wind and rain has managed to blossom, isn't nature wonderful.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag!!! And the rose is beautiful, mine are looking very shaky. :( I discovered 'Finnabair' only recently & she is incredibly talented, love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely had not come across finnbair before...must go and investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag, thanks for a great 'how to'
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found Finnabair too recently and absolutely love her work. Your tag is a beautiful utilisation of her style - really like it.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fabulous tag..even more stunning in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I just looked her up too, and was very inspired!

    ReplyDelete