Thursday 30 August 2012

The Altered Puzzle

It is always nice to sit by the log burning fire with a good book but not on August Bank Holiday Monday, Christmas maybe....

Well I hope you all had a good weekend, you wouldn't believe the days could be so different. On Sunday we took Jack & Bru to Aberdyfi for a paddle. Must admit they weren't that sure about the sea, but they enjoyed a good walk along the beach. Thankfully we picked the right day for it.....

I've had some great fun with a Route 52 jigsaw (£1.49)

I decided on Paperartsy's French Roast paint, it is such a great colour, not as harsh as black.

Then I tried to keep the colours in green, golds and silver as much as I could.
The puzzle looks a bit daunting when it's plain white but I tried to treat each piece as it's own little canvas.

So there's painted pieces with embellishments stuck on, Embossing onto metal foil.

Fresco finish Metallic- Old Gold on top of French Roast with Crackle Glaze in-between.

Stamping and colouring with Distress Inks

Gold Embossing (Ranger's Queens Gold is nice and fine)


Metal mesh cut to size and a Moth embellishment added using Multi Medium

Several pieces have been painted Honey Dew, then PA crackle paint then French Roast

I have added a few Route 52 embellishment's and picture's of Jack & Bru. Generally just made it up as I went along.

After Dry brushing around the edges I stuck a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Band at the bottom.

There's Rock Candy Crackle Paint and a torn piece of cardstock


I have removed a couple of Jigsaw Pieces and placed a picture underneath.


Dabbing paint through a stencil. Some started French Roast and dabbed with green, then another the opposite way round.


Apply molding paste or gesso through a stencil ( remember to wash your stencil)


The green disc 2nd from the left at the bottom is utee that has been poured onto a stamped texture tread which had a cookie cutter sat on it.
The piece next to it is triple embossed then stamped into it at the end.



After Dry brushing around the edges I stuck a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Band at the bottom.


I'm pleased with this little project it's not perfect, but what I wanted to do was try and do lots of different techniques, to have a little reminder when I'm stuck for a idea.

That's it for now, time to think what to do next, I'll not ponder too long, just get stuck in.
Happy crafting
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous jigsaw Sharon! What a lot of work has gone into it. Love the missing pieces idea and I'm glad Jack and Bru got in in the act. Love all the embossing and route 52 embellishments...great textures and techniques.

    ReplyDelete