Tuesday 18 December 2012

Bloomin Great.......

Hello everybody,

how are you doing with the preparations for christmas, getting there I hope. This next week will just fly by quicker than normal.

We have had some super new stamps from Indigo Blu and replacement stocks of some of the popular one's. I have manage to get my mitts on two of them.

Enjoy Life which I have had my beady's on for a while, and Blooming Great a new one.

My first instinct was to make a card but I thought I had better try something different.

So I was faced with a new Journaling book. Isn't the white page frightening, I don't know why, it's a bit like a new exercise book at school and you don't want to spoil the 1st page. But when all said and done it only cost £1.50.

Paint's at the ready lets play, the only idea I had was to use the statement from Enjoy Life and possibly use it again to make like bullet points or sign post's.




I found two pictures I had saved from a photography magazine that I thought expressed the meaning of the page.

The leaves that are around the pages are from the Indigo Blu stamp "Blooming Great" the veins of the leaves are really fine but because I stamped using distress ink it has soaked into the Paper Artsy Acrylic paints which I like but if I wanted to keep them clearer I would have gone for Archival or Stazon.

The sunrays dots and circles are from my much used Tim Holtz stamp Psychedelic Grunge, the stars at the top of the page are off Rockstar.

I have painted through the Tree of Life template and doodled using Black and white Gelly Roll Pens.

There's also a bit of Ranger Gold and Pearl dabber in there applied from the lids.

This could be my New Years resolution page, but I would like to think this was how it was in 2012.

Just one more little thing I would like to share with you, I have found that I love making mini books.

It's a bit like when you first discover ATC's wonderful little mini arts.


 Made using slide mounts which have been coloured and stamped.
The embellishments are from the Creative Expression's range of Victorian corners.


The pictures are from Crafty Individuals Christmas Miniatures book.

The scallop at the top is made from Sizzix Vintage Lace strip die and distressed using Vintage photo


Just to show you the scale of the book


The back, If you cannot get hold of any slide mounts, there is a die cut and stamp on the Paper Artsy collection Hot Pick Die Stamp set 2.


Well I am going to have another play with my new stamps, I have got so many ideas but I must focus otherwise I just end up with lots of bits of paper stamped and not amounting to anything.

Hope Christmas doesn't get in your way and stop you from crafting and enjoying your selves.

Bye for now

Sharon


1 comment:

  1. Really love your mini book, and the victorian corners just finish it off beautifully. The journalling pages are great too!

    ReplyDelete