Thursday 8 January 2015

Fresh Beginnings !

Happy New Year !  
It's Sue here and today see's the start of the new challenges for 2015 here at ATP Exchange. The team are all rested and raring to go !  I'm your host for the next 2 weeks and I have chosen Fresh Beginnings for this challenge, now that the festive season is over and thoughts turn to what lies ahead in the New Year, take a look through your craft supplies and share with us a new product/technique/ or even a new item to alter !
Remember we are a Mixed Media challenge and and stamping must be included, but no digi images and no more than 10 challenges to be entered, including ATP Exchange. For the winner there is a £10 voucher to spend in Artist Trading Post. 
 
The team have created some fantastic projects to get your creative juices flowing ! 


Julia 
I chose to go with a bright holiday style theme for my 'New Beginnings' project. We always plan our holiday in the New Year and that makes me very happy! The sentiment is inspired by a Nina Simone song. I also used my Faber Castell Gelatos for the first time and that is certainly a new beginning for me.

I used a new new stamps from a Dina Wakley set.

Sue

I tried out the Faux Chine Colle technique with my Gelli Plate. Love this new technique!


I love art dolls and have been promising myself that one day I would have a go at making one. I got carried away and made two. They were such fun to make, that I think  these two Sea Goddesses, may be just the beginning !
 I used a free template for the bodies, downloaded from a wonderful site called The Enchanted Gallery.  



I used silk clay for the first time.


I decided to make something Vintage, using a canvas board, TH Stencils, Texture Paste and TH Distress Paints. The La Blanche stamp was applied to Tissue Paper and adhered to the canvas. I decided to play with my Ranger Melt Pot to create some 3 D elements from the stamp.

So, let's see what  Fresh Beginnings mean to you! You have until 20:00 on the 21 January to share your project with us.


10 comments:

  1. Amazing work by the DT as always! Thanks for another wonderful challenge and Happy New Year to everyone here at The Artist Trading Post!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely mix of beautiful projects from the DT - so much inspiration! Happy New Year to you all. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, adventurous projects, fabulous! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a diverse group of artwork from the Design team members! I always look forward to a fresh beginning, and can't wait to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects from the DT - so many wonderful ideas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a great challenge and so many different DT inspirations - everyone is catered for! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to find the Artist Trading Post - love your eclectic looks and mixed media creativity. Joi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always loved design team inspiration posts here. Participating in the challenge for the first time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work as always!! Such a great variety of styles! Thanks for another fabulous and fun challenge, see you again soon! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to slide in under the wire for a 3rd entry! Your design team was SO inspiring!

    ReplyDelete